AFFON’s request regarding planning and formulation of programs for development of Family Forests in Province 5 !
AFFON Province Committee , Province-5, submitted it’s request to Honorable Ministers of Ministry of Land Management, Agriculture and Cooperatives and Ministry of Industry, Tourism, Forests and Environment Province-5, Butwal regarding planning and formulation of programs for development of Family forests . AFFON heartily requests for cooperation in formulating and implementing the following programs in the field of family forest to make the presented policy and program a success;
- Establishment of fast growing tree species and medicinal herb nursery.
- Plantation program for development of family forests.
- Campaign for planting fruit, grass and ground grass under agro-forest development program.
- Small and medium enterprise development program based on forest products.
- Interaction program with stakeholders related to family forest development.
- Programs related to capacity building and empowerment of women involved in family forest development.
- Establishment and operation of cooperatives for marketing of forest products produced in family forests.
- Extensive tree planting with fruits in family forests, public lands, publicity for urban forests and agro-forests, technology transfer and capacity building programs for family forest farmers.
- Programs to transfer the latest technologies to promote and expand family forests, agro-forest and green enterprises based on them on private land.
- Arrangement programs to take loan by putting products grown in family forests as collateral.
- Programs to arrange insurance for forest products grown in family forests.
- Programs that can provide economic benefits while respecting the role played by family forests in conserving biodiversity and mitigating climate change.
- Awareness and technical trainings on tree plantation to family forest farmers.
- Programs for planting cash crops in family forests (sugarcane, yam, sweet potato, ginger, turmeric, chilli, seasonal vegetable farming etc.)