Forest for Economic Prosperity Program !
AFFON commits to assist the government in implementation part of the program !
National address by the Honorable President of Nepal Mrs. Vidhya Devi Bhandari on national policies and program on Friday highlighted the following key points on forest sector management.
- a) Using the barren land for the plantation of cash crops and agro-forest.
- b) Employment generation at the local level via agro-forest development.
- c) Campaigning for the plantation of fruits and tress on private lands.
- c) Prioritizing the forest based enterprise by promoting community forest and private forest.
- d) Improving the participation of local people for sustainable forest management.
- Honorable President also highlighted that through “Rastrapati Mahila Uthhan Karyakram” women will be empowered through women entrepreneurship development, increment in financial access, technological assistance and support for the marketing of the produced products.
- Also the programs and government bodies and organizations that are focused for women, children, people with disability and senior citizens’social welfare will be re-structured and made integrated and result oriented. Integrated Social Development Act will be amended.
Please follow the link below for further perusal of the new on same issue published on ekantipur today : https://ekantipur.com/news/2020/05/15/158954935834598617.html?fbclid=IwAR0q10OsP0E7Y2WwGVsw8l3zuSeo-RQKkzv685m4WiKo93fk23uSi3uHQRc